Wednesday, March 24, 2010

French Toast

I love french toast! It is probably my favorite breakfast item. I am not big about breakfast in the morning but I love it for dinner. I have played with my french toast recipe for a couple years until I finally came up with what I think is the tastiest.


Ingredients
8 slices Texas toast
4 eggs
1/2 c milk
1 tsp vanilla
Cinnamon


Directions
Beat eggs, milk & vanilla. Add cinnamon to egg mixture according to how much you like it. I love it so I add lots of cinnamon. Take a slice of bread, dip one side in egg mixture, flip bread & dip other side in egg. Place bread onto hot griddle. Continue coating all pieces of bread until all are on the griddle. Also, I usually add more cinnamon after dipping 2-3 slices. Allow bread to cook several minutes before flipping to other side. Serve with syrup or just sprinkle with powdered sugar.

No comments: