Sunday, October 4, 2009

Baked Chicken Breasts


Tonight I made a dish I have been making since I got married over 14 years ago. It was a recipe from a cookbook my church in Ohio put together. That cookbook has so many great recipes & I love to make things from it. It reminds me of the foods we ate at church dinners & at friends' houses. I often miss those wonderful foods of northeast Ohio (things are different down south). I hope you will give this a try. It's an absolute must to serve this with mashed potatoes.

Ingredients
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/4 c white cooking wine or chicken broth if you don't have the wine handy
4 slices provolone or mozzarella cheese
1 c stuffing mix
1/4 c butter, melted

Directions
Place chicken in a greased baking pan. Place 1 slice of cheese on each chicken breast. Mix soup & wine. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle stuffing mix over top of soup & chicken. Pour melted butter over all. Cover & bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Serve over mashed potatoes.

2 comments:

Tammy McGowan said...

I made this for dinner this week and it was great ! my picky eater even wants me to make this every night! It was really good with the provlone cheese.

Becca Lame said...

This is really good!!