Saturday, October 11, 2008

Hot Dog Bean Soup

My son absolutely LOVES this dish. I have modified the original recipe to allow for leftovers. I also added more beans as my family loves them & I can get more fiber in their diets. Feel free to add other beans that your family likes. I promise your kids will ask for seconds!

Ingredients
3-5 hot dogs, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
1 tsp vegetable oil
1-2 cans (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1-2 cans (11-1/2 ounces) condensed bean and bacon soup, undiluted
1-2 cans Navy beans
1-1/4 - 2-1/2 cups water
1-2 tsp dried minced onion
1/4-1/2 tsp pepper


Directions
In a large saucepan, cook hot dogs in oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until browned. Add all other ingredients & stir until combined. Cover & allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Serve with fresh rolls.


No comments: